Nationally Acclaimed Wellness Program Now Included with OptiMed Plans
Kelly's WorkPlace Wellness Shown to Curb Chronic Conditions, Manage Disease, Shed Body Fat and Boost Productivity
We've all mastered the drill:
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash your hands.
- Quarantine, shelter in place or self isolate.
OptiMed is adding another weapon to the arsenal deployed in the battle against COVID-19 – expert assistance in eating healthfully and exercising effectively, thus boosting the immunological fortress protecting against this viral invader.
WorkPlace Wellness is an employee health program designed by Kelly Springer, MS, RD, CDN, as part of her Kelly’s Choice Nutritional Company. Kelly has appeared on Good Morning America, and broadcasts aired on Fox, ABC, PBS and numerous local telecasts and her views are frequently cited in magazines such as Men’s Health and Shape.
Offered in two levels, the Five Star WorkPlace Wellness program is now included with OptiMed’s value-added non-insurance benefits package.
This means that the program is free to group members and their dependents.
Full details, addressing all questions, will be provided in a live webinar hosted by Kelly Springer on Thursday, April 9 at 2:00 p.m. Brokers should consider this their webinar invitation, while HR directors at OptiMed groups will be emailed invitations Thursday (Arpil 2).
Here is what WorkPlace Wellness includes:
- Registration to Healthie, a mobile app that accommodates food journaling, exercise tracking, and integrates with FitBit and Apple Watch.
- Monthly newsletters featuring tips, tricks, and recipes.
- A monthly video exploring nutrition basics, healthy food choices, digestive health and timely topics.
- 2-Minute bi-weekly videos called Morsels for its concentration on specific selected foods.
- Additional optional services at a discounted fee purchased directly through the app and sometimes eligible for health insurance reimbursement.
While there is no data specifically on how healthy eating and productive exercise fends off the coronavirus, Kelly’s nutritional coaching has recorded success in:
- Drastically decreasing in A1C levels
- Reducing in total and LDL Cholesterol by 20 points or more
- Eliminating of high blood pressure
- Reversing heart disease
- Reversing diabetes
Gary Volino, president and CEO of OptiMed considers Kelly’s WorkPlace Wellness “a tremendous opportunity for groups covered by one of our health plans to access expert health coaching that improves lives -- sometimes dramatically -- which can help reduce health issues and increase productivity.”
Meet Kelly Online
During the webinar Kelly will walk attendees through the robust services available to members, and answer any questions. Group brokers are also welcome to join the live webinar and will also receive a link afterward to the recording.
“We are excited to be engaged with OptiMed in this endeavor,” said Kelly. “Our nutritional programs get results by supplying actionable advice that can be implemented immediately to help people lose weight, conquer disease, and improve productivity and performance.”
Kelly will also explain the process for HR departments to submit member names and email addresses for onboarding, a process that may begin immediately after the webinar. The program officially launches on Monday, May 4.
Learn everything you need to know about how Kelly’s Workplace Wellness can impact the health, vitality, and productivity of your groups while in the process containing healthcare costs. Join Kelly Springer in a live VIP webinar: