OptiMed is seeking qualified candidates in the Account Manager position to support our
increasing national sales growth and to continue providing our brokers, clients and our national sales team with a Best in Class experience.
This role requires someone to be sales minded and have strong customer service skills. The Account Manager serves three customers, the Broker, the Group HR Contact and the OptiMed VP of Sales responsible for the broker relationship. Outbound calls to the broker will consist of reminding and introducing the broker to OptiMed Products and Services. Brokers in turn may have group billing and claim questions that need to be answered. Same is true for the Group HR Contact, they need to know about our products and services, and will have questions that need to be answered. Account Managers will work closely with the OptiMed VP of Sales to ensure all necessary paperwork is in place for onboarding a new group. Account Managers will also be responsible for preparing the renewal package for the Broker. Increasing group retention is a high priority for the Account Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact brokers and Group HR Managers about product and service training.
• Sell products to existing groups through education process.
• Follow up with Brokers on renewals.
• Develop general agent and broker relationships.
• Achieves renewal and add-on product sales goals through broker distribution channel.
• Manages and builds strategic partnerships with producers to create focused sales strategies.
• Maximizes sales by articulating company’s capabilities and value proposition.
• Delivers organized, professional presentations to both brokers and groups.
• Trains new brokers and their staff.
• Track activities within the CRM.
• Manages activities to goals within the CRM.
• Executes marketing efforts focused on retention initiatives.
• Trains groups on OptiMed technology and processes.
• Explain the features of various policies.
• Manages issues to resolution.
• Understands and supports commission, invoice and other reports.
• Works closely with Claims Manager to resolve any claim issues.
• Communicates improvement ideas to Operations Team.
• In collaboration with Support and Training team members, provide go-live support.
• Works effectively with others to help create an open and supportive environment.
• Promotes teamwork and collaboration.
• Serves as a role model for team behavior.
• Interacts successfully with other employees.
• Demonstrates a consistent and unwavering commitment to diversity and a culture of inclusion.
• Creates and sustains an environment in which information flows freely in a clear, concise, and direct manner.
• Articulates values and business strategies as a spokesperson for OptiMed.
• Provides ongoing communication with others regarding priorities, goals, and the information
needed to be successful.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• At least 2 years either selling or working with brokers and groups in the healthcare industry.
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field or equivalent years of work experience.
• Experience selling employee benefit solutions to groups of 2 – 500 lives.
• Superior analytical, negotiation and communication (written & verbal) skills.
• Must be successful in a matrix management environment.
• Be able to demonstrate selling ancillary products including life, dental, vision, etc.
• Excellent communication and written skills, along with presentation, analytical, coaching, and problem solving.
• Knowledge of computers – word processing, spreadsheet proficiency and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Experience in CRM, preferable MS Dynamics or Salesforce.
• Ability to represent the company to, and work effectively & collaboratively with, a wide range of outside firms, organizations as well as with company management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, effectively handling multiple priorities.
• Group Life & Health Insurance License in resident state preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance industry journals, and legal documents; to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and prospects; to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and, to present information in a persuasive manner so that groups and brokers engage us for our advice and products.
Salary 60k-75k based on experience plus commission