OptiMedHealth Plan, a United Group Programs Brand, is an industry leader in Healthcare Benefits. We offer tailored healthcare products for our clients, focusing on the highest level of plan satisfaction and optimization. We are also a full-service benefits organization and Third-Party Administrator (TPA) that provides a high degree of expertise in the design, communication, and administration of benefit programs. The company markets group Self-Funded Major Medical, GAP, Limited Medical, MEC / MVP, Critical Illness, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life, Dental, Vision, and Accident insurance products to bokers, which in turn sell the plans to their clients and prospective consumers.
OptiMed’s core strength is our people and their client centric approach to servicing agencies, brokers, members, providers, and our vast broker network. We have taken great pride in providing quality benefits and service for over half a century. Excellent customer service is our top priority.
OptiMed is seeking qualified candidates Account Manager position in our Individual Product Segment
business to support our increasing national sales growth and to continue providing our brokers,
clients, and our national sales team with a Best-in-Class experience.
This role requires someone to be sales-minded, as well as having strong customer service skills and
attention to detail. The Account Manager provides support to agencies, brokers, partners, as well
as support to our member services team. Communication with brokers will include product reviews and
training, service related questions, commission follow up, as well as billing and claims issues for
members. Communication with members is also necessary at times to answer product questions and
respond to inquiries regarding the products they have purchased. The Account Manager will also work
in collaboration with other OptiMed team members to ensure all contractual and regulatory
documentation is processed as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Educate brokers and agency owners about products, resources available, and service
• Maximizes sales by articulating company’s capabilities and value proposition.
• Develop general agent and broker relationships.
• Manage and build strategic partnerships.
• Deliver organized, professional presentations to both brokers and internal employees.
• Train new brokers and their staff.
• Track activities within the CRM.
• Manage activities to goals within the CRM.
• Obtain and manage necessary broker contracts, appointments, and licensing inside e123.
• Train brokers and agency owners on OptiMed’s technology and processes.
• Facilitate communication to necessary parties throughout the organization.
• Explain the features of various policies and technology resources made available to
• Manage issues through resolution.
• Understand and support reporting documentation.
• Work closely with the Claims Manager to resolve any claim issues.
• Resolve billing related escalations.
• Communicate improvement ideas to Operations Team.
• Create and sustain an environment in which information flows freely in a clear, concise, and
• Articulate values and business strategies as a spokesperson for OptiMed.
• Provide ongoing communication with others regarding priorities, goals, and the information
needed to uccessful.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field,
or equivalent years of work experience.
• Must be successful in a matrix management environment.
• Excellent communication and written skills, along with presentation, analytical, coaching, and
• Knowledge of computers – word processing, spreadsheet proficiency and proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Experience in CRM, preferably MS Dynamics or Salesforce.
• Ability to represent the company to work effectively & collaboratively with a wide range of
outside firms and organizations as well as with company management and staff at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, effectively handling multiple
• Group Life & Health Insurance License in resident state preferred.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret insurance industry journals, and legal documents; to
respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and prospects; to effectively present
information to top management, public groups, and to present information in a persuasive manner so
that brokers engage us for our advice and products.
• Health Insurance
• 401(k) matching
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid PTO
• Salary range $50,000 to $65,000, based on experience
• Atlanta, GA or Indianapolis, IN