Key Features of Limited Medical Indemnity
- A minimum of five employees are required to issue a policy in most states (Florida and Ohio are among states requiring 51 or more).
- Employees who work 15 hours or more per week and have satisfied their waiting period are eligible for coverage.
- No pre-existing limitations nor any health questions asked.
- Guaranteed issue for eligible groups.
- No requirement of employer contribution.
- Assignment of benefits to your medical provider.
- Includes non-insurance benefits:
- Assistance with finding providers within OptiMed’s national PPO and verification of coverage from specific providers.
- Unlimited telephonic doctor office visits available 24/7 by both phone and email.
- Access to a nurse-staffed wellness line.
- OptiMed’s Patient Advocacy Service for addressing all member concerns, in both English and Spanish.
- COBRA administration.
- Section 125 - Premium Only Plans (POP)
Have more questions?
Frequently Asked Questions
OptiMedTM is a brand of United Group Programs, Inc., a third-party administrator of employee group health insurance and other employee benefit products. Established in 1968, UGP is not an insurance company but represents products from carriers with an A- rating or better from AM Best Company and marketed exclusively to licensed health insurance brokers.
OptiMed Health Plans
22 Technology Parkway South, Ste 200
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092